It can be intimidating meeting someone for the first time for online dating, add that you’ve only spoken with them on the internet and the anxiety can be overwhelming.
Dating sites have limited security and that can turn those first date jitters into something of a panic. Taking the required steps to protect yourself before meeting a new date can help settle some of these insecurities.
Due to the growing popularity of online dating, our team at Hushed has created an infographic to help you make sure you’re online dating the safe way. Maybe you’ve had a bad experience, maybe you’re worried you will have one or even if you’ve never had any it’s better to know what your peers are doing online than not. Even if those bad dates are just “good stories” to tell now.
Download Hushed now. Click here.
Protecting your personal information when online dating is something that everyone needs to be proactive about.
The value of your information can be extraordinary should they fall into the wrong hands.
Taking steps beforehand to ensure that your information remains private helps eliminate any need for further disconnection – and Hushed is here to help with online dating.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
PS. We were really surprised that 81% of people are misrepresenting themselves in some way. LIKE WOW. If 81% of people are doing this, does that mean they’re all dishonest people? It’s a good question and says a lot about the new world of dating. Or, has dating always included elements like this – where people seek to de-emphasize their faults?
Share this Image On Your Site
Just The Words
The following content is text taken from the above infographic and provided to you in an easy copy and paste format. Please feel free to use it in any writing that references this article.
Online Dating is more popular than ever, but are you taking the necessary steps to keep your privacy protected?
- 49.7 Million Americans were using Online Dating
- 1 of 5 Singles Sated Someone They Met Online
#1. Be Careful What Sites You Use
- 1 in 10 are Scammer Accounts on Free Dating Sites
- 81% of daters misrepresent themselves online
- For MEN, they lie mainly about their age, height and income
- For WOMEN, they lie mainly about their age, body and height
#2. Be Selective with Your Profile Info
- 1 in 4 Users post their sensitive data online
- 17% of Social Network Users have posted pictures or other details from a date on a social networking site
#3. ALWAYS have a Backup Plan
- 42% of WOMEN reported feeling uncomfortable with an unwanted contact via a dating site compared to 17% of MEN
MEETING for the First Time?
- Notify a Friend or use a temporary phone number to keep control in your hands